The SVP of Healthcare Planning will work with the Head of Healthcare Strategy and account teams to architect powerful business driving communications strategies. The ideal candidate is an insightful thinker who immerses themselves in a category, loves to understand what drives HCPs and patients to act and is relentless about finding unexpected insights to drive communications forward.
In this role, you will be involved in all elements of brand strategy including creating and analyzing data and market trends, shaping market research, developing strategy and solving brand challenges.
This role will support both new business pitches, organic growth opportunities, and existing client work
- Critical thinking/problem solver who deeply understands how to use all research tools to uncover powerful insights that inspire great strategy and creative
- Not satisfied with status quo, goes beyond the obvious to develop fresh insights
- Deep business acumen with the ability to negotiate and define business objectives, and translate them into marketing and comms objectives
- Quickly dives in and understands brand, business, and category – has a high “get it factor”
- Understanding of consumers, patients, HCPs and influential audiences – what motivates, drives, inspires, influences
- Understands client’s business needs and how to deliver on their objectives and KPIs
- You stay on top of current market trends, marketing strategies and tactics.
- Develop an immersive understanding of a brand’s market dynamics, customer mindset, competitive actions, brand metrics, and industry trends
- Derive and articulate insights that will drive behavior change
- Assess competitive strategies & uncover white space opportunities
- Uncover and interpret relevant cultural and social trends
- Develop and execute research plans needed to get to insights –drafting interview questionnaires and surveys and deep-diving into market reports
- Mine data, research, and intelligence reports for insights and implications
- Synthesize research understanding into actionable opportunities
- Develops strategic hypothesis and assist in writing brand plans based upon insights
- Work with analytics team and agency tools to analyze social data
- Write creative briefs and work with creatives to ensure ideas are on strategy, and work with Brand leaders to ensure ideas are on brand
- Prepare client presentations/decks that summarize insights and overarching strategy
- Identify measurement KPIs and work with data/analytics team to develop measurement reporting approach
- Present research findings and campaign insights and strategies to clients
- Cultivate strong relationships with staff, internal partners, and clients
- 7-10 years of experience in marketing/communications strategy and planning ideally within a strategy department/communications environment specializing in strategic insight generation.
- Understanding of PR, digital and social media
- Strong healthcare experience — pharma, HCP, OTC and health and wellness
- High level of comfort with research techniques and resources and insight generation
- Demonstrated experience with analytics and analyzing data (not necessarily just pulling data but also manipulating it)
- Clear and compelling presentation skills.
- Agility in working style – demonstrated ability to work against tight timelines and to work collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the capability to construct and support arguments
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably within the field of sociology, anthropology, advertising, marketing or another related field.