The SVP, Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for developing and leading a Project Management Office in support of a newly formed “one team” model for a long standing and large client engagement that is currently undergoing a major digital transformation to their business, including a fundamental change in their operating structure. This requires our agency service model to evolve from a loose federation of agency partners, to the creation of a fully integrated service team, under one Executive Leadership team, that will operate as an ‘agency within an agency.’ We are currently seeking a PMO Director who can lead the operationalization of our new structure. This is an essential role that requires strong leadership abilities to advance our integrated approach and enable continued transformation, innovation and growth for both the agency and client organization.
The ideal candidate should have experience structuring and leading multi-million-dollar digitally-driven marketing programs, inclusive of enterprise software deployment, Marketing Operations, and digital product ownership/development. Extensive expertise managing multidisciplinary resources and parallel lines of business, with demonstrated success developing and maintaining the following is required - governance of digital-first structures, agency models, change management programs, standard operating procedures, processes to facilitate best in class delivery, knowledge sharing and asset reuse, as well as best practices and tools to drive efficiency for agency and client partners.
They will also possess a proven ability to represent the Program Management discipline with internal and client leadership, and be adept at building and maintaining strong relationships with agency, client and third-party partners. They will work with these entities to proactively solve business challenges and contribute to the development of operational processes that adapt to evolving business challenges, best practices and industry standards. Day to day, they will focus on maintaining operational and delivery efficiency, risk mitigation and resolution, and the management and mentorship of a team of Project Managers.
- Lead the development of a detailed operating and governance model for our new “one team” approach with input from key client and agency leadership.
- Develop and maintain the vision, direction, framework and responsibilities of the PMO and supporting Project Management team members.
- Provide overall operational leadership, as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, which also includes the SVP Strategic Account Lead, SVP Experience Strategy Lead and SVP Executive Creative Director.
- Work with key client and agency stakeholders, to develop and instill processes, workflows and tools that support the effective delivery of integrated work. Contribute to a culture of delivery efficiency and excellence across disciplines with direct reports in the Project Management department.
- Lead the team through scoping, staffing and management of multiple, concurrent workstreams, large scale on and offline projects totaling over $20MM+ annually.
- Maintain and enforce high standards of communications and documentation, including status and financial reports, timelines, scopes, change orders, burn reports and forecasting, best practices and asset management.
- Proactively manage, provide guidance, and develop clear communication standards around program and business-related risks, including mitigation planning and crisis management.
- Support onboarding and change management throughout the Publicis and client organizations by establishing and monitoring SOPs and leading process changes and training.
- Integrate Publicis Groupe’s offshore production teams into our agency model, ensuring the seamless delivery of assets to and from our groups in India and Costa Rica.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to continuously optimize existing operational processes and systems, ensuring buy-in and compliance throughout.
- Develop key performance metrics and the associated reporting and tracking mechanisms required to measure agency success in this new model.
- 10-15 years’ experience in a digital-first creative services organization, working with high profile brands and leading senior cross-functional stakeholders including strategy, analytics, creative, technology, experience design, editorial, production, operations, finance, and resourcing.
- 5-8 years' experience managing a large team of Associate-to-Senior Project Mangers in a digital environment.
- 5+ years’ experience with Marketing Operations, including enterprise platform solutions, Adobe, Salesforce, etc.
- 4-6 years’ experience directly engaging with clients. Experience with Client Procurement, Agency Relations and/or Client PMO teams a strong plus.
- Expert-level knowledge and deep experience in project management, including scoping, staffing, estimating, managing burn, and creating processes that support omni-channel / integrated campaigns, multi-faceted engagements, and complex programs.
- Superior communication skills, (written and verbal) - ability to comfortably and succinctly present to a diverse set of senior leadership team members internally and client-side.
- Proven management skills: ability to inspire and coach staff.
- Networking and interpersonal skills: highly refined, positive internal working relationships at all levels and within all departments.
- Integrity: is the face of the brand and Publicis Health in all life aspects: must adhere to highest levels of integrity at all times.