About the Group:
The Risk Governance function within the Chief Operating Office of Independent Risk Management is responsible for the design and implementation of firm-wide frameworks and practices that are integral and fundamental to Risk Management within Company. These include, but are not limited to, the firm’s risk appetite and risk governance frameworks; risk policy; the new and modified product approval framework; risk governance committees; risk reporting; risk controls and issue management; and risk budget management.
About the Team:
As part of this function, the Risk Frameworks team is responsible for managing the firm's risk governance framework, risk appetite frameworks and risk policy program to support a clear and consistent articulation of the firm's risk appetite, appropriate capture of material risks facing the firm and integration of both with the firm's day-to-day risk management practices to ensure those risks are managed, monitored and controlled.
About the Role:
The current opening is for a Senior Vice President supporting the team’s Risk Appetite Program Management. The objective of the role is to contribute to the management of transformation efforts associated with the firm’s risk appetite framework. This initiative is global in scope encompassing an extensive set of stakeholders and activities. It involves providing program management support to properly plan, oversee and execute against this book of work.
- Lead execution of components of the book of work with timely and effective outcomes against regulatory and firm expectations
- Plan, direct and coordinate components of the day-to-day activities of running the program
- Ensure various working groups and one-on-one contacts with stakeholders are effectively organized, administered and minuted to support delivery against the key milestones in the program schedule
- Ensure quality and on-time preparation of senior management and Board-level committee materials, meeting minutes and follow-ups and materials for audit and regulatory communication
- Partner with internal teams to support on-time delivery of program requirements and administration of issues and corrective actions
- Escalate program risks, when appropriate
- Support regulatory and audit reviews at various levels
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a significant transformation effort of a global process for Company with an active engagement across multiple business lines and regions. The candidate will have organizational exposure to regulators, senior management and subject matter experts across businesses and functions. Finally, successful delivery of this work will directly impact the firm’s core business and risk management practices.
- 8+ years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a role that requires critical thinking, problem solving and excellent oral / written communication skills
- Previous experience in project management for firm-wide projects or processes within a financial institution
- Strong written communication skills and expertise in Board-level presentations and reporting dashboards
- Solid organizational skills and time management skills, ability to multi-task and identify and escalate issues
- Experience interacting with senior management, regulators, internal audit
- Undergraduate / Master's degree(s) with an analytical focus (e.g., finance, economics, etc.)