This role will report to the MIS Chief Operational Risk Officer and will lead the implementation of the Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) System, develop processes for consistent capture of Risk data and associated reporting and analytics. This role is a key pillar of the Operational Risk Framework providing governance and oversight to support complete, accurate, timely and consistent reporting across the MIS entities globally.
- Implement a GRC System for MIS in collaboration with Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance and Internal Audit.
- Collaborate with the Governance Leader on developing a Risk Taxonomy and operationalizing the Program definitions and methodology within the GRC.
- Develop a robust data capture process supported by associated policies, standards, procedures and tools such as data dictionaries and job aids, for first line of defence.
- Establish a Data Quality program that drives consistency and integrity and Data governance. Developing the linkage of data from point of capture through associated MIS to Risk ID and Mitigation.
- Risk Reporting & Analytics: Develop the data-driven decision-making stages (data > reporting > analysis > decision > action > value)
- Develop Risk aggregation and reporting methodologies. Develop a fully integrated Risk Reporting package, that increases awareness, drives actions and informs decision making.
- Develop Risk Analytics i.e. ability to transform data and information into insights to support Management, Board, and Regulatory reporting for Risk purposes (including occasional ad hoc needs)
- Education: Bachelors or Equivalent required
- Experience – 7- 10+ Years in Operational Risk Management with a financial institution OR 10+ years with management responsibilities, among 1 or +of following disciplines:, Reporting & Analytics , Internal Audit Internal control, Management consulting
- Preferably, Deep understanding of operational risk frameworks and best practices having rolled out similar programs. Knowledge and use of Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) reporting tools
- Preferred: (a) Masters degree preferred (b) 10 years of Operational Risk and or Control experience
- Clear Thinker with strong analytical skills to review complex processes. It is a thought leadership role with execution requirements
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently with or without direction and/or supervision
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with a diverse, global and cross-functional teams and large-scale projects. Ability to influence cross-functionally and enterprise-wide; Assertive 2nd line Risk responsibility to challenge and influence in a highly consultative and effective manner
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; flexibility and adaptability in work approach
- Strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel, Access and PowerPoint).