Telecom Architect/ Subject Matter Expert
Duration: 2-3 years+ contract (multi-year project)
Location: Brooklyn, NY 11201
PS: Consultant is allowed to work remotely until the health crisis due to COVID19 is over.
* Review and assess the adequacy of Call Handling requirements used by NYC;
* Independently review the current NYC E9-1-1 infrastructure;
* Engage with public safety and stakeholder agencies to understand their needs, issues, concerns and potential barriers to migration;
* Provide solution for how NYC can transition to a NG9-1-1/ESInet environment;
* Determine the level of effort to procure, design, and implement a NG9-1-1 system;
* Incorporate applicable federal, state and professional organizations' standards and guidelines for a NG9-1-1 system;
* Identify potential impacts to the current E9-1-1/PSAC operations, and any associated Police, Fire, Emergency Medical or other NYC operations
Required "Must Have" Skills:
* Minimum 12 years' experience including expertise in telephony/ telecom architecture.
* Must have solid networking background
* Contact center experience is highly preferred
* Exceptional communication/ architecture skills.
* Willingness to learn NENA
Desired "Preferred" Skills:
* Background in Public Safety communications technologies
* Experience and knowledge in Legacy Centrex (DMS100) Call Platform, Centrex Trunk Infrastructure to PSAP premises.
* Experience in Digital PBX backup systems, selective router design, and Meta switch design.
* Knowledge in GIS systems, dependencies, and influence on call routing.
* Knowledge in 911 Logging and Recording models and profiles.
* Knowledge of NENA standards and compliance
ManpowerGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)