Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for all American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Test Engineer for our client in the Banking and Financial Services domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract-to-Hire position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12 Months Contract-to-Hire
Location: Jersey City, NJ/ Dallas, TX and Tampa, FL (any of the locations)
Role: Test Engineer
Primary Skills: Testing
Role Description: The Test Engineer must have at least 6 years of experience. Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a developer in test responsible for the design, development and maintenance of automated test, and various software test engineering activities.
- Experienced in Agile/Waterfall, onsite/offshore work model and coordination.
- Proficient in Java and/or Selenium.
- Should be able to write Test Cases and automated test that validate the application functionality.
- Should possess excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Able to interact with application development teams, business analysts/SME, business users and project managers to understand requirements and communicate status.
- Develop, maintain and execute automated test scripts using Selenium.
- Enhance existing automation framework developed in Selenium.
- Integrate Selenium scripts with Jenkins CloudBees.
- Maintain traceability of functional requirements/Test Cases to automation test scripts.
- Develop automation test strategy and approach.
- Manage automation activities and provide status to stakeholders on accessing overall progress and completion.
- Maintain well organized records of test results and generate historical analysis of test results.
- Support overall test engineering activities such as development of Test Approach, Test Cases, and manual test execution as needed.
- Work closely with application development and other technical teams to,
- Understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of test scripts.
- Work with technical resources to discuss and troubleshoot issues.
- Work with business resources to understand purpose and concept for software features.
- Provides test engineering guidance and direction to employees and consultants and, as needed, provides complex automation testing services to multiple projects.
- Mentors and directs activities of analyst and test Engineers.
- Coordinates multiple projects and guides project team members with internal and external interfaces, particularly for more complex testing situations.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in software testing (with 3+ years of experience in application development and/or automated testing, and 1-2 years of experience in managing testing).
Knowledge and Technical Skills Required:
- 6 years of experience in software testing
- 3+ years of hands-on expertise in test automation using Selenium and/or Java development.
- 1-2 years of experience in managing testing
- Experience in enhancing Selenium automation framework.
- Hands on experience in Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket.
- Experience in test automation for Agile Continuous Integration/Development
- Experience with at least one RDBMS and SQL queries
- API, REST/SOAP experience.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Experience in creation of test strategy and automation design document.
- Basic knowledge in mainframe related testing.
- Experience with HP QC or ALM and JIRA
- Experience in financial services industry related to investment banking, wealth management, corporate actions and securities processing.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field or Equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 6 years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Note: Must be able to work on a W2 basis
Recruiter Name: Sukhjit Kaur
Recruiter Phone: Direct Number: 412-900-3372 (Preferred)/ T: 877-884-8834 (Ext: 2235)/412-200-1197 (Ext: 2235)
Equal Employment Opportunity