Vice President of Human Resources for Nonprofit Organization
About the firm:
• Our client is one of the largest nonprofit organizations in the United States with sites all across the nation and a reputation that is held in high regard
• This role will be the partner to the SVP of the Human Resources Department and will be able to make their stamp in the department in terms of all efforts.
• This role is open to a candidate from any industry and a great opportunity to come into a nonprofit organization with an outstanding mission statement
• The group is very collaborative, fun and dedicated to their work
• Competitive salary with outstanding benefits and work life balance. Benefits include a 403B with match from the employer, strong medical/dental/vision plan, life insurance, disability, FSA and a generous PTO that accumulates to over 5 weeks of paid time off.
• The firm has a high approval rating of the CEO and some reviews from their employees include:
Great cause and nice people who want to make a difference
Amazing culture, incredibly passionate people and friendly
Leadership, rewarding work, fun work environment
Responsibilities of the Vice President of Human Resources will include:
• Lead talent management activities including performance management, employee relations, training development, employee retention and succession planning.
• Keep the SVP abreast of day to day activities and recommend new initiatives, policies and procedures as needed to support strategic growth.
• Partner with the SVP VP Benefits on creating and managing Total Rewards offerings including the annual compensation benchmarking and planning.
• Manage the fall, spring and summer corporate internship program, including recruiting, supervising and mentoring HR Interns.
• Manage the employee handbook, policies and procedures, ensuring timely revisions and communication to staff.
• Provide direction and assistance to payroll and HR staff on database and process requirements.
• Oversee and standardize onboarding and exit procedures company wide.
• Create and implement staff training programs.
• Work with the Diversity and Inclusion (DI) consultant on programs for the entire organization.
• Manage metrics and data collection for the entire organization; provide analysis and recommendations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors degree required, SHRM-SCP or other HR certifications a plus
• Minimum of 10 years relevant HR generalist experience is required.
• Tech savvy and proficient with ADP, Google Suite, Microsoft Office.
• Bilingual in Spanish with strong written and verbal communication skills is required.