MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Global entertainment company is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources, to ensure that the HR function is a trusted partner across all divisions and will collaborate closely with business leaders on strategic HR initiatives and support. If you are motivated, driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit, resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed please read on!
My client, a global entertainment company, is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources who will develop, execute and provide expertise in the areas of change, growth, transformation management, employee relations, performance management, employee retention, and coaching/counseling.
- Work with divisional leaders to understand business goals and translate those objectives into the appropriate HR actions and initiatives.
- Follow prescribed and where appropriate, develop/recommend new approaches, policies and procedures that effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within and across the division.
- Proactively discovers how HR can help make positive changes; involves others in processes and decisions to ensure their support. Works effectively with multiple constituents who sometimes have opposing or incongruent agendas.
- Build plan and tactics to improve work environment by developing workplace practices that support an exceptional employee experience and nurture culture.
- Guide clients in the development and execution of strategies to ensure optimal talent development and movement within the organization to improve employee retention.
- Develops performance improvement plans as needed and counsel on appropriate recommendations/actions.
- Support, counsel, and coach clients in the areas of employee relations and other employment-related workplace issues.
- Assist managing designated aspects of employee compensation (including sales commission plans, salary adjustments and annual merit recommendations).
- Manage all recruitment activities for client base support that align with company's diversity initiatives and attract top talent.
- Handle/delegate necessary employee communication on policies, practices and general information.
- Advise on legal matters as it relates to compliance, state and federal regulations and impact to employees and/or the business operations.
- Ensure new-hire orientation and on boarding is completed effectively.
- Oversee and provide metrics and updates to executive team.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree, advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of HR business partner experience in a fast paced environment, specifically within media, entertainment, or sports
- Ability to establish strong relationships at all levels throughout the organization as well as support clients in multiple locations.
- Comfortable operating in a changing environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate competence in various HR functional areas: recruitment; compensation; employee relations; management coaching; organizational development; and benefits.
- Must be efficient with administration tasks and compliant with required processes.
- Solid financial and metrics driven understanding desire.
- Highly resourceful, creative, collaborative, motivated and driven.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and work in a fast paced, ever-changing culture.
- MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with various HRIS systems; Work Day experience highly preferred.
Competitive base salary & bonus
Comprehensive benefits package
Build out the HR infrastruction and leave your mark on a growing company!