Company is looking for a world class Application Software Engineering leader who will design the strategy and execution of our suite of customer facing applications for both our Connected Fitness Products & Partner Devices.
Leading the largest Engineering team at Company, this person will report to the SVP of Product Software Engineering and will be essential in driving the product road-map to fuel Company’s double-digit growth and global market expansion. As a transformational technical expert and people leader, you’ll provide insights to the executive leadership team on technology advancements for Application and UI, ensuring automation and process scalability is at the forefront of strategic conversations while shaping, building and growing a world class technical team.
- Hire and develop the best: The role will manage and grow the tech team. You will build out the team, develop leaders and coach software development lifecycle best practices. You'll need to excel at hiring and developing your technical talent. You will be both a technical leader and people manager.
- Set a vision: You will build a vision for the Company application software, including architecture and system design. You will set a roadmap and deliver short term and long term wins that support Company's position as the leader in Connected Fitness.
- Drive Scale: You will lead the software engineering teams managing, building and scaling our product software and will focus on driving scalability, stability, and reliability. You must understand the demands of managing a 24x7 application at large-scale. This leader must be capable of scaling themselves and their team to meet the ever-increasing demands of a fast-growing business.
- Operational excellence: You will champion engineering and operational excellence, and establish metrics and processes to reduce tech debt.
- Prioritize well: This leader must have the ability to easily switch between weighing in on complex engineering details, taking a long term view of the business, growing and developing the next generation of leadership, and overall operating as a large-scale organization leader. It requires an ability to prioritize work for the direct team and partner teams, establish goals, and focus attention on the most important inputs to drive the desired business outcomes.
- Collaborate: You will collaborate with other parts of the Company Engineering team to produce and support tech solutions for a variety of Company's business practices.
- Influence product strategy: You will partner closely with the Product Management and System Software teams to develop a roadmap that balances short term deliverables with long term scalability.
- Think big: Internally, this role will inspire the organization to think differently and innovate. You will provide thought leadership and collaborate with colleagues to develop Company's eCommerce platform as best in class.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 12+ years of experience on Android, IOS and Web application development
- 10+ years of hand-on technical management
- Experience shipping application software on Android & IOS devices and Web platforms
- Experience shipping application software in international markets
- Proven track record building, scaling and developing high performing teams
- Deep experience delivering in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills