Company is looking for a Cloud Software leader who will be responsible for setting the strategy and execution of backend software and services that power every user experience across Bike, Tread, mobile, web, and TV in four different countries. The team helps users take live and on-demand classes, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, personalize experiences, take part in challenges, discover new music, and much more.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Product Software Engineering, this leader will help drive the product roadmap to fuel Company’s double-digit growth and market expansion. The Vice President will serve as a transformational technical and people leader providing insights to the executive leadership team on technology advancements for our backend software, ensuring automation and process scalability is at the forefront of strategic conversations, and building and leading a world class technical team.
- Hire and develop the best: The role will manage and grow the tech team. You will build out the team, develop leaders and coach software development lifecycle best practices. You'll need to excel at hiring and developing your technical talent. You will be both a technical leader and people manager.
- Set a vision: you will build a vision for the Company backend services, including architecture and system design. You will set a roadmap and deliver short term and long term wins that support Company's position as the leader in Connected Fitness.
- Drive Scale: you will lead the software engineering teams managing, building and scaling our product services and will focus on driving scalability, stability, and reliability. You must understand the demands of managing a 24x7 application at large-scale. This leader must be capable of scaling themselves and their team to meet the ever-increasing demands of a fast-growing business.
- Operational excellence: You will champion engineering and operational excellence, and establish metrics and processes to reduce tech debt.
- Prioritize well: This leader must have the ability to easily switch between weighing in on complex engineering details, taking a long term view of the business, growing and developing the next generation of leadership, and overall operating as a large-scale organization leader. It requires an ability to prioritize work for the direct team and partner teams, establish goals, and focus attention on the most important inputs to drive the desired business outcomes.
- Collaborate: you will collaborate with other parts of the Company Engineering team to produce and support tech solutions for a variety of Company's business practices.
- Influence product strategy: you will partner closely with the Product Management and Platform teams to develop a roadmap that balances short term deliverables with long term scalability.
- Think big: Internally, this role will inspire the organization to think differently and innovate. You will provide thought leadership and collaborate with colleagues to develop Company's eCommerce platform as best in class.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience.
- 15+ years of experience on backend software and service development including 10+ years of hand-on technical management
- You have led a tech team for a business that has achieved significant scale over a short period of time. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to build and operate software systems and services at scale.
- Deliver Results: You must have a strong track-record of delivering products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to large groups and executive teams.
- Strong customer obsession: you enjoy obsessing over getting the customer experience right
- You earn trust with your direct team and stakeholders: you listen, you are inclusive, you treat others with respect, and you are willing to be vocally self-critical
- Hire and develop the best: you value coaching your team and developing leaders. You have a demonstrated track record of hiring strong talent and moving them through the organization
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Data driven - you lean on data to make decisions and when you don't have data, you search for customer anecdotes to gain insights
- You are a builder- you like to invent on behalf of customers. You are comfortable working with ambiguity.