We're seeking an experienced engineering leader who will share Company's passion for democratizing the music creation process and lead our distributed engineering team to success. As VPE, you will oversee feature development and delivery -- that is, getting product out the door, keeping the team moving, and ensuring the team is hitting their mark. You will help the team do their best work by inspiring and instilling a sense of purpose/innovation and removing obstacles that get in the team’s way. You will partner with and across cross-functional teams to ensure engineering efforts are aligned with Company goals.
The VPE will offer technical direction and put the necessary roles and processes in place to ensure sound decisions are made by identifying and surfacing staffing needs, elevating our hiring processes, and scaling our rapidly growing team through a lens of representation and inclusion. You will create cohesion at the engineering management layer, structure, and lead a diverse team for development efficiency as well as plan strategically for the growth, development, and evolution of its team members.
As advocates for artists everywhere, we’re building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, we’re cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, and growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can and asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation and iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, and transparency in the workplace. We’re trailblazers who aren’t afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, and even ourselves.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
What You’ll Do
- Lead, mentor, and grow a 50+ distributed, diverse engineering team
- Run day-to-day engineering operations in Agile approach
- Oversee the development, implementation and execution of multiple projects, ensuring scope and schedule are established for projects; oversee operating plan and resource allocation for the department, including prioritization and staff deployment; acts based on changed priorities
- Drive product delivery and results, making progress through action during periods of scale
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and marketing to ship next-generation products and increase cohesion between product/design and engineering
- Determine OKRs, project planning and resource requirements to accomplish projects and support users
- Formulate and execute process and organizational improvements (establish coding standards, best practices, tech tools adoption) which enhancing overall effectiveness; proactively seek ways to improve people and management processes
- Manage engineering morale, retention, culture, and performance
- Provide career development, coaching, mentorship and sponsorship, and cultivate emerging leaders
What We’re Looking For
- You are a great manager and team builder
- You have experience with distributed systems
- You have experience with cross platform client development
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- You share our vision
- You value diverse and inclusive teams
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation
- You care about quality - it drives you
- You are deep technically and can mentor and guide all levels of engineers
- Background in audio, interactive music creation technologies