To be the Finance business partner to key Executive stakeholders. Fully responsible and accountable for all financial decisions and outcomes including P&L, cash, balance sheet, alongside a robust control and risk management environment.
VICE PRESIDENT, FINANCE
Deliver all metrics of the financial plan including P&L, cash delivery, balance sheet and statutory reporting for the business. Oversee and deliver a robust governance and control environment and an effective risk management agenda. Provide leadership in formulating business strategy and converting this into an operating plan with appropriate resource allocation. Partner with Executive-level stakeholders to drive the business performance management process to ensure delivery of all metrics. This includes gap identification, appraisal and approval of measures to improve performance outcomes. Lead the business partnering agenda to ensure all critical business areas and initiatives are provided with best-practice financial management and that decision making is supported by highly insightful financial and commercial analysis. Drive continuous improvement of the finance operating model to ensure it is efficient and effective. Develop an engaging environment that allows finance professionals to develop themselves and their careers.
Key interactions – Internal
- Executive-level stakeholders
- Strong relationships with Shared Services teams to drive efficiency and effectiveness in all our core processes.
- Strong relationships with global specialist teams including Tax, Treasury, Investor Relations and Group FP&R
Key interactions – External
- External Service Providers – maintain high level supplier relationships
- Key customer relationships
- Audit firms and consulting partners
- Peer group companies
Critical Finance Capabilities
- Support decision making - The ability to understand the levers to drive efficient growth & make the right business decision based on data, analysis and the
wider business context.
- Business performance management - The ability to track, analyse & present actual financial results (versus forecast, plan or prior periods) and non-financial information to enable the right decisions and/or course corrections to be made.
- Strategic thinking - The ability to think about how the business could/should be di 'erent in the future. The ability to utilise internal and external information to understand the operating environment and implications for the business. The ability to utilise the wider business perspective to understand the impact of strategic choices and resource allocation decisions across the value chain (from supply to point of sale).
- Managing risk - The ability to identify, capture and manage risks at appropriate levels.
- Internal control - The ability to understand the Control Assurance and Risk Management (CARM) framework (financial and non-financial controls), its purpose and how it is best used to guide the controls we operate and seek assurance over to mitigate di 'erent types of risk.
- Accounting principles: The ability to understand and implement technical accounting principles including group IFRS and local statutory requirements.
Qualifications / experience
- 15+ years experience in core finance, as well as being a business partner
- MBA preferred
- Demonstrated commercial acumen, strong strategic and analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, in particular: (i) relationship building; (ii) ability to influence; (iii) judgment
- Strong Finance capabilities including Commercial Finance, FP&A and Controls
- Experience leading financial business partnering in a global shared services environment
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, coach and develop talent