The VP Healthcare will join a dynamic Healthcare & Pharmaceutical team, which is Company’s largest practice globally. This particular position will lead large pharmaceutical communications programs with pre-approval, approval and post-approval HCP and consumer outreach and strong understanding of data. Oncology experience, diabetes, CNS and rare disease experience would be ideal, but more necessary is a passion for the healthcare space.
As a VP on our team, you will be provided with a clearly articulated and well-supported path for career growth. Growth may include working with our other leading pharma clients across a variety of therapeutic categories as well as more health policy. The work is an interesting blend of product, corporate, advocacy and issues management.
What you will be doing
- Developing strong client relationships by providing strategic counsel, building and leading solid account teams, mentoring, motivating, growing and retaining employees and managing accounts to consistently achieve business objectives.
- Demonstrating independence and autonomy with respect to their responsibilities and must exhibit a deep understanding of the clients, their industry, the account and the agency.
- Participating in new business development, company-wide initiatives, and managing finances and resources profitably.
The experience that will contribute to your success
- Complete comfort and facility understanding data, the regulatory process, the barriers to success
- Well-developed knowledge of the healthcare marketplace and business practices
- Current knowledge of the challenges facing the pharma industry in general
- A passion for ideas and moving pharma clients forward into new avenues of thinking
- Know-how to develop and execute integrated communications strategies and programs including digital and social
- Leadership and management of relationships with multiple internal and external clients
- Direct responsibility for organic account growth, and participated in pitching and securing new business
- Relevant level of expertise in general business acumen, budget management, communications, leadership and mentoring skills
- About 10 years of public relations experience with relevant healthcare agency experience or equivalent
- Preferred experience in science-related health care public relations accounts including pharmaceutical and direct-to-consumer product marketing, advocacy, program development and execution, social marketing and media relations