The Vice President, National Distribution Management position is responsible for developing and managing national relationships and performance for distributors that will deliver benefit to Company. The Vice President, National Distribution Management will be recognized as the owner of the assigned national distribution partner both within Company and within the distribution partner. It will have a broad and deep understanding of Company’s product offerings across all applicable business units. It will also have a solid understanding of the operations of large national brokers across their entire organizations. The position requires strong thought leadership capabilities, analytical, strategic thinking, influencing and communication skills that lead to the development and execution of fact-based, data-driven agendas, new initiatives and product solutions with our national distributors and Company.
This position is directly accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Utilize broker data platform, ABI Flow data, other Company data, understanding of Business Unit priorities, and knowledge of broker opportunities to prepare national marketing plans and focused initiatives geared towards target business segments
- Work with the Business Units to develop and mine prospective lists for cross marketing and target accounts.
- Identify, communicate, and work to vet Market Dislocation opportunities.
- Create insightful profiles that reflect in-depth knowledge of business, personnel, specialization, key markets, top offices, performance and other relevant factors. Update on regular basis and use information to identify opportunities that align with Business Unit goals.
- Develop multi Business Unit opportunities
- Identify and maintain contact with distributors that have emerging national presence and consider for potential addition to National Distribution Management.
- Drive execution of national marketing plans by collaborating with Business Units, Strategy & Distribution and key contacts at broker.
- Support Regional Executives and Regional Business Units in the development of fact-based, data-driven regional strategies with assigned national distribution partners using both data available from distribution partner data platforms and Company data tools to identify areas of greatest opportunity at regional levels.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge with any assigned national distribution partner data platform and effectively communicate the analysis and data from these platforms within Company.
- Implement distributor Voice of the Customer initiatives (surveys, councils, etc.) that provide valuable feedback and direction for Company.
- Ensure that all appropriate offices are appointed by Company and are properly coded as part of national distributor in Company systems for accurate financial reporting purposes.
- Elevate the brand by supporting specific local and national industry associations that are important to the Business Unit and the growth objectives, such as RIMS, CIAB, WSIA, PLUS, and ASHRM.
- Acquire and communicate market intelligence and use to develop targeted opportunities for Company.
- Implement marketing initiatives with distributors, such as communicating Business Unit success stories on a regular basis to key contacts.
- Coordinate national distributor events to provide access to local and national Company leaders, promote business development, and recognize strong performance.
- Administer Enhanced Commission plans or Service Agreements to ensure that expenditures generate the desired outcomes for Company.
- Regularly evaluate production results by Business Unit, distributor, and geographic area to ensure achievement of goals.
- Monitor execution of specific initiatives and achievement of goals. Make adjustments to initiatives as necessary.
- Assess performance of distributors and compare to performance with Company in target segments to understand market share gains/losses.
- Monitor publicly-available information (press releases, earnings releases/calls, etc.) to maintain in-depth knowledge of distributor performance, strategies and direction.
- Collaborate with other members of Strategy & Distribution team to identify and execute focused initiatives that support business goals. This includes Regional Distribution Management, Business Unit Marketing, and Industry Practices.
- Coordinate with Business Units to develop specific tactics for plan achievement and to integration of Company’s new products and initiatives.
- Work with Marketing to develop necessary marketing collateral materials and to execute Voice of Customer initiatives.
- Work with Distribution Data/Analytics to acquire market opportunity data.
- Strong strategic and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong leadership and influencing capabilities.
- Broad understanding of insurance marketplace across lines of business
- Strong understanding of distribution
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of Company and broker organizations
- Strong underwriting and product development skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment
- Excellent team player
- Organized and detail oriented
- Objective, ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Must be a self-starter, demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and executive presence
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of Companylink, MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Estimating majority of time in NYC and 30% traveling to other locations.
- 10+ years in P&C underwriting, sales and/or marketing management
- Extensive experience developing and implementing growth strategies within retail and/or wholesale distribution channels
- Bachelor degree preferred