UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You've been building towards this. We've been building towards you. The health care system needs are evolving at a fast clip and innovators like UnitedHealth Group are playing a lead role. New models of care and new networks of providers are emerging now to better serve patients and communities. Here's where you come in. As a director within our network contracting team, you'll guide the development and support of provider networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Guide development of geographically competitive, broad access, stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance and trend management
- Develop and execute strategies for a function or discipline that span a large business unit or multiple markets/sites
- Apply network configuration and incentive-based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency
- Direct others to resolve business problems that affect multiple functions or disciplines
- Direct work that impacts entire functions and/or customer accounts (internal or external)
This challenging, high-profile role will put your skills and experience to the test daily. You'll be charged with leading the efforts to achieve synergy targets through contracting with our network providers. In addition, you will lead the high-performing team that supports the UnitedHealthcare client relationship for network/provider management.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate Degree
- 10+ years of management experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- 8+ years of experience in developing of product pricing and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
- 5+ years of experience developing and managing a medical cost and administrative budget
- Expert level of knowledge of Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), Diagnosis Related Groups, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with provider contracting
- Experience with large providers, including hospitals
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Graduate Degree
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
Creating and fine-tuning provider networks helps improve access to health care for millions. It's an outstanding opportunity to have more meaning and purpose in your career. Join us. Find out how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Job Keywords: VP Network Contracting, Network Contracting, Network Management, Director of Network Contracting, VP, Vice President, Management, Product Pricing, Financial Modelling, Provider Contracting, Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System, RBRVS, Diagnosis Related Groups, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, Virginia Beach, VA, Virginia, Travel, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UnitedHealthcare