COMPANY, a leading podcast company, is looking to hire experienced ad sellers who love podcasts. We are headquartered in Oakland, with a growing office in New York City, and several remote locations around the world.
COMPANY, in addition to offering best-in-class podcast hosting and dynamic ad insertion technology, now also provides monetization services for its publishers — including by selling podcast ads. We offer voiced and host-read ads across a growing network of great podcasts, from networks like NBC, CBS, and Himalaya, and hosts like Jimmy Pardo, Al Franken, and many more. We also offer advertisers a targeted marketplace, so that we can combine the benefits of digital campaigns with the podcast medium. We use an in-house creative studio to record native podcast ads on behalf of our advertisers.
We are looking for a VP of Advertising Partnerships to help us connect advertisers with listeners.
- Title: VP of Advertising Partnerships
- Location: New York City
- Reports to: CRO
- Type: W-2 Full-Time
- Equity Plans
- Competitive compensation package
Podcast ads have proven incredibly successful for both performance and brand advertisers over the past eight years. COMPANY’s targeting technology adds smarts that advertisers crave to the medium, giving us an even more compelling story to share with buyers.
We need ad sellers with a love of the podcasting medium, healthy books of business, and enthusiasm for driving advertiser success. You'll be responsible for bringing in new business and building up a strong renewal flow as well.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Land new-to-COMPANY and new-to-podcasting advertisers in your market
- Build up a healthy sales pipeline, managing the sales cycle from prospecting to close to renewal
- Use our CRM tools to maintain your pipeline
- Follow direction from sales leadership on account strategies
- Work closely with ad operations team to ensure successful campaign execution
- Provide best-in-the-business levels of client satisfaction
- Manage to a budget provided by your supervisor
- Incredible interpersonal skills
- Inclination to use carefully-crafted emails, and not rely on mail merge/spray and pray
- Willingness to pick up the phone or travel to a meeting to close the deal
- Extreme self-motivation
- Follow-through, customer service, and recognizing that a successful deal isn’t just about the close — it’s about the client’s overall success
- Years of podcast, audio, or digital ad sales experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher