We are looking for a Vice President of Finance to accelerate our growth and help take Company to the next level. You will have led through a consumer-facing tech company through high growth and generated true value across the organization. Company is looking for a "Builder" to create the strategic vision for the Finance functions while possessing an operational mindset to create financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems that optimize our performance. The Head of Finance will lead strategic planning, business forecasting, financial planning and risk management, capital allocation, M&A and accounting.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Finance executive with operational experience who has delivered high impact change to be a leader within our mission-driven organization and help unlock value in growth.
As the Vice President of Finance, you will have these responsibilities:
- Contribute to the construction and evolution of our five-year strategic plan, roadmap and management scorecard for our Senior Leadership Team
- Be an member of the Senior Leadership team, providing financial advice, counsel and decisions; mining data warehouse and information systems for “hidden” business intel and helping the organizations' business leaders use this intel to make better decisions
- Be an important advocate for of using data to improve decisions; promote reporting, distribution of data, and analysis of financial metrics across the organization
- Design, modify and implement all financial and legal management operations of the company
- Lead communication to the Board of Directors and Investors regarding the company’s financial performance and operations
- Lead deep data analysis to understand and anticipate opportunities and threats across all teams and products. Translate data into applicable insights and operational opportunities
- Guide the budgeting and forecasting process at the corporate and departmental level that leads to predictability and consistency in forecasting. Develop cadence for monthly and annual financial reporting to key stakeholders
- Build standard financial statements, including balance sheet, P&L, and statement of cash flows, including preparation for board meetings
- Oversee the company’s accounting function, monthly budget and actual variance analysis.
- Partner with external auditors, accountants, and insurance vendors; help manage relationships with IT, PEO, and facilities management
The following might describe you:
- 10+ years of experience in a finance leadership role with an excellent understanding of business metrics and processes in B2C e-commerce
- Active leadership and success in sustained / scaled growth environment and building teams
- Knowledge of corporate finance and accounting theory, principles and practices to include GAAP, and Stock-Based Compensation, and benefits planning
- Led later-stage growth financing (Series B-D)
- Experience building teams and organizations in high-growth environments
- Background in corporate finance, venture-backed startups, private equity, investment banking, management consulting, or other high-growth environments