The Vice President of Finance is responsible for supporting the strategic growth of a rapidly changing landscape, making value-added recommendations to enhance the company's general accounting and financial operations in support of aggressive growth. You will be a key partner across executive management and external investors. If you have previous experience in a senior finance position and know how to build a strong finance team, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will build our financial organization to achieve our business goals. The vice president’s primary goal is to create a world-class finance team at Company.
The ideal candidate has professional experience in real estate and technology and is excited by complex, open-ended, and real-world building challenges. The role will be based out of New York City.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Establish and maintain documentation of internal controls, policies, and procedures related to financial reporting and compliance
- Present financial updates at quarterly board meetings
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and internal controls, and play a leading role in directing change initiatives and process improvements
- Ensure compliance with company policies, regulatory requirements, and GAAP, as well as local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Ensure appropriate controls are incorporated in the development of new systems with a relentless focus to ensure systems are both efficient and scalable (Netsuite)
- Leading the budgeting and financial model building process alongside CEO, Executive Team, and BOD.
- Drive alignment, focus, and outcomes across all functions with financial planning, budget management, compliance, controls, and analytical insight
- Manage the financial health of the business by partnering with executives to focus on strong ROI investments and optimizing costs
- Lead all financial reporting – Monthly, Quarterly, Annually
- Maintain relationship with banks
- Oversee and assist in tax filings and compliance documentation
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures including modeling and forecasting
- Ability to gain organizational support for process improvement recommendations using solid planning and influencing skills and provide training.
- Good team-management abilities
- Analytical and able to interpret data Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Bachelor s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA preferred)
- 8+ years of progressive experience within the finance function
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role, and the proven ability to build and scale successful teams
- Meaningful SaaS experience
- Prior experience in a like staged start-up; Has been through later-stage growth round