Company is seeking a Vice President, Human Resources. This person will be a part of the Corporate Human Resources team with responsibility for leading HR for CBS Sports and CBS Sports Network. The role is based in New York and report to the SVP Human Resources, Company.
The CBS Sports employee population consists of employees who are staff and non-staff, union and non-union. The VP HR will provide HR leadership to employees and the Sports management team, in collaboration with dedicated Sports HR support and centers of excellence that sit within the Corporate HR function. They will provide a broad range of HR guidance for achieving business objectives that include talent management, organizational effectiveness, leadership development, change management, diversity and inclusion, employee relations, compensation and recruitment.
- Lead the daily HR operation at CBS Sports and CBS Sports Network, fostering a proactive human resources culture.
- Support employee relations, performance management, strategic planning and compliance.
- Provide coaching to leadership, offering insight, feedback and a proactive plan aligning the organization to achieve desired business results.
- Work with management to develop and implement training strategies to meet employee needs, including supervisory training and performance management training.
- Provide resources, leadership and counsel regarding diversity and inclusion in collaboration with Company Corporation’s centralized Office of Global Inclusion.
- Maintain a positive and productive work environment through effective employee relations practices. Consult and/or partner with in-house legal counsel as appropriate in order to optimally manage employee/labor relations, contain problems, conduct investigations and address issues with employees.
- Administer corporation wide initiatives in partnership with HR centers of excellence, including: bonus, stock, merit, performance management, training, and other types of corporation wide programs.
- Minimum of 12 years of progressive Human Resources experience including a solid foundation of providing leadership at the senior level.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully in a fast-paced, multi-tasking and dynamic organization along with significant influence/negotiation/coaching skills with senior-level executives.
- Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment and labor laws, employee relations, management and leadership development, performance management, organizational design, change management, recruitment and compensation philosophies.
- Successful demonstration of launching and implementing multiple HR programs.
- Ideal candidate has broadcast and/or sports media experience, experience working on a unionized environment and experience in navigating and utilizing a centralized HR function in a matrix structure.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment where time is of the essence.
- Flexibility in work hours/availability (heavy production schedules on weekends).
- Ability to accommodate occasional overnight travel as needed.