The VP/SVP Human Resources is a key member of the executive team and will work closely and collaboratively with senior management to ensure alignment of our HR strategy and policies with our business strategy and to support the development of a culture which will attract, retain, and engage top talent. The VP/SVP HR is responsible for leading, directing and overseeing all Human Resource functions for the company; specific areas of focus include: compensation/benefits practices and policies, talent acquisition, talent management, learning and development, and people/talent analytics. The VP/SVP Human Resources will work in close partnership with our head of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to support our efforts to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. The VP/SVP Human Resources must be a trusted advisor, coach and mentor to the Executive Team as well as to all levels of employees.
- Design and implement the strategy and annual priorities for the HR function.
- Build the capabilities of the human resource team to effectively align people and culture with the company’s strategic priorities and operations and to develop Company’s employer USP.
- Lead and mentor the HR team to ensure efficient, reliable, and cost-effective HR services throughout the organization
- Build and sustain excellence across all aspects of the employee lifecycle
- Provide sound advice and counsel to leadership to ensure compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Partner with the VP, DE&I, and be a champion for DE&I in every aspect of the role
- Work with senior leadership to support employee engagement, retention and commitment to the values and culture of the company.
- Build HR/Talent kpi’s including employee engagement, retention/turnover, D&I to drive alignment of HR and organizational objectives and measurement.
- Work with global HR teams across the group to share expertise/best practices and coordinate strategy as appropriate; manage delivery of shared services functions such as benefits, HRIS.
Characteristics and Qualifications
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, change oriented strategic thinker with high EQ and the ability to contribute at both a strategic and operational level. (S)he will bring outstanding communication, organizational, and conflict resolution skills and demonstrated experience transforming an HR organization. The VP/SVP Human Resources will need to bring strategic insight about people needs within a multi-divisional organization along with a track record of building credibility and effective relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Ten or more years of experience leading HR teams at a senior level. Must possess generalist Human Resource experience with an emphasis on employee relations and engagement, recruiting and talent management.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills and empathy for people at all levels along with significant influence/negotiation skills.
- Track record as an innovative thought leader; providing creative ideas and solutions. Experience leading HR transformation efforts a plus.
- Interest/passion in all areas of talent management. Background in and commitment to DE&I and how to support the development and retention of a diverse employee population.
- Able to think strategically beyond tactical execution.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and continuous improvement mindset
- Skilled at partnering with business clients at all levels and in balancing the role as a liaison between human resources and client groups
- Highly developed project management skills
- High degree of work ethic, integrity and modesty
- Knowledge and comfort with labor law and regulations
- Experience in a content/media or technology business