Company is the leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. Company believes that everyone deserves access to high-quality care, and offers a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with Company highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Clinical best practices are leveraged across all services to ensure individuals are getting the care they need. Our outcomes-focused care is proven to improve depression and anxiety by over 50% on average, as demonstrated in several peer-reviewed studies. For patients with high-cost medical conditions, our clinically-tailored treatment is proven to reduce medical costs with care that empowers the patient to address their health needs. Company partners with payers to make high-quality care accessible, affordable and convenient for millions of people to get the treatment they need.
As Vice President, Technology Operations you will lead the operations function within the technology team at Company. You will manage, grow, and develop teams of DevOps and Endpoint Engineers dedicated to the craft of building and supporting a scalable and stable technology platform to enable our mental health care mission. You are passionate about creating an environment where engineers can tackle ambitious goals without compromising a healthy and integrated life. You are a seasoned technologist, with experience in designing, building and operating a world class technology platform that enables high change velocity while maintaining high availability. You enjoy working with and providing service to product oriented cross-functional teams consisting of engineers, designers, product managers, QA and operations team members. Technology leaders at Company model our company values by demonstrating candor, driving outcomes, building great teams, and solving challenging technical problems.
- Develop and maintain your teams’ roadmap to utilize fully automated, self-service, highly scalable, cost-efficient, observable, auditable, and reliable infrastructure.
- Partner closely with your peers in Engineering, Security, Quality Assurance, Operations, and Product teams to improve efficacy, quality and velocity of teams’ deliverables using goal setting, metrics, quarterly and annual planning and prioritization. Manage, measure, and communicate the teams’ progress toward goals.
- Implement scalable support processes to keep up with growth of our staff and provider user base.
- Develop and coach team members, ensuring a high level of engagement, performance and professional growth.
- As hiring manager, in collaboration with other technology leaders, define and maintain the interview process for your teams. Partner closely with the recruiting team on sourcing strategies, interviewing, closing and onboarding.
- Lead the operations team and participate in key technical, design, and product discussions of various initiatives. Represent your team with leaders across different parts of our organization.
- Provide technical guidance and support via engineering design reviews to teams planning and implementing large migrations, deployment of service-oriented architecture, broad architectural shifts, and capacity growth.
- Lead a technology operations practice in a regulated environment
Key Initiatives in first 15 months:
- Enable a metrics driven organization by assuming ownership of two key metrics - MTTR, deployment velocity.
- Provide on-demand non-production environments to your internal customers.
- Migrate our consumer stack from AWS/Aptible to GCP.
- Secure all endpoints for our rapidly growing staff and provider networks.
- Oversee the maturation of Service Desk processes and procedures.
- Participate in achieving or renewing major certification and security assessments (e.g. HITRUST certification, third party HIPAA assessment, vulnerability scanning and penetration testing).
- Automate and secure our production deployment pipelines to enable dozens of zero downtime releases a week. Integrate appropriate tools and processes (e.g. SAST, dependency vulnerability scanning tools, quality gates etc) into deployment pipelines.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 10+ years experience managing technology operations for a large SaaS platform and teams that support it . 10+ years of experience in supporting software development and operations via methods like automated deployments, infrastructure as code etc in a public cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure etc)
- Experience in and comfort with agile practices (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- Demonstrable understanding of all layers of cloud infrastructure in highly available platform
- Experienced in effective communications to technical and non-technical audiences in both verbal and written forms
- Strong analytical, architectural, and critical thinking skills.
- Nice to have: Experience in a SaaS environment in a regulated industry, preferably healthcare.
Who You Are
- You are a collaborator and a coach. You build and maintain strong, productive working relationships with your stakeholders and industry peers. You are empathetic and seek to understand each individual’s diversity of background, strengths, and experience in order to build great teams. You have an eye for talent. You have a track record of recruiting, mentoring, and retaining great people.
- You are a disciplined operator at heart who takes pride in running a highly available and reliable technology platform. You drive yourself and others around you towards that outcome
- You lead by example and are comfortable as a change agent. You take time to learn your team’s strengths and weaknesses and are able to set the right context and scope for excellent teamwork.
- You have a growth mindset. You keep track of maturity and efficacy of new technologies and techniques and encourage your team members to do the same.